Friday, March 31, 2006

This Entry Has No Title

UPDATED! [1]

I promised something lightweight and vacuous, but would you settle for tawdry and amusing ?

Click here for Roger Ebert's review of Basic Instinct 2.

What I loved about Ebert's review is he seems to get that Basic Instinct 2 never had a shot at actually being a good movie. Over on IMDB, the reviews on BI2 are also in, and they're not nearly as understanding as ol' Rog - it's almost as if people expected something good from the affair.


I hated, HATED the original Basic Instinct, but I'm willing to give the sequel a chance for David Morrissey alone. It's a shame his big "coming out" movie has to be an enormous piece of glitzy trash, as the guy's a fucking amazing actor. I expect bigger and better cinematic outings from him in the future, provided BI2 doesn't kill his movie career altogether.

I find it odd that most of the IMDB tidbits focus on Sharon Stone's looks, or rather the amount of work she's had done on said looks. After recently seeing her in the first few episodes of the new season of Huff - which begins this Sunday night on Showtime at 9PM (CST) - I'm somewhat baffled by the compiled IMDB assertions. It must be the difference between what shows up on a movie screen vs. the TV screen, because I thought she looked damn fine in Huff (which I gather was shot after BI2). And more importantly, she turns in a great performance on the show. Highly recommended.

Click here and you'll see a gallery of stills from the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who, entitled "New Earth", which begins on the BBC on April 15th. These pics are just freaking schweet and I've already got this one up as wallpaper.

[1] UPDATE!: Click here to see the latest trailer for the second season of Doctor Who.

Lastly, if you read my recent MySpace rant, you may be disturbed to know that my prediction about where it'll all end up has taken a gruesome turn and parked itself at MyDeathSpace.com. The site speaks for itself and really needs no commentary from me.