Friday, July 06, 2007

Auntie Meme

UPDATED!

Copeland tagged me. I still don't entirely understand all this. Everything I know about memes I learned from the Doctor Who episode, "The End of the World", which featured The Adherents of the Repeated Meme. These are the rules I apparently must obey:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

UPDATE!

From Wikipedia: Biologist and evolutionary theorist Richard Dawkins coined the term meme in 1976. He gave as examples tunes, catch-phrases, beliefs, clothing fashions, ways of making pots, and the technology of building arches.

I bring this up only because Dawkins is married to former Doctor Who companion Lalla Ward (who was also once married to Tom Baker for about 10 minutes).

So now that that's out of the way, here are my eight random facts/habits:

1. I have actual interests outside of Doctor Who and James Bond.

2. I rarely answer the telephone, but check any and all messages left and will return most calls within 24 hours (unless I just don't feel like it).

3. I loathe the sun and the heat that emanates from it. (Moonlight, on the other hand, is refreshing.)

4. The Simpsons aren't all that funny to me.

5. Indian cuisine is the best way to go.

6. I enjoy eating mayonnaise straight out of the jar. Miracle Whip, however, is nasty.

7. Other people's opinions matter a lot more to me than I let on.

8. I spend far more time in various states of mild depression than you can possibly imagine.


The eight bloggers I'm tagging have been chosen mostly because they either haven't been tagged yet or will have no interest in playing along:

1. Joan
2. The Sheik
3. Keith Uhlich
4. Matt Seitz
5. Figurebuilder
6. Dan
7. Koda
8. Peel